Meatballs with ‘spaghetti’
Recipe courtesy of Emily Scott, APD
500g lean beef mince
1 tsp crushed garlic
1 small onion, grated
1 apple, peeled and grated
1 small carrot, grated
125g ricotta cheese, drained
1/3 cup fresh breadcrumbs
¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
½ cup freshly chopped parsley
1 pinch of nutmeg
1 pinch of paprika
4 cups napolitana fresh tomato sauce
1 leek, cut into thin strips
6 zucchinis, sliced into spaghetti using a mandolin or spiraliser
1 tsp olive oil
squeeze of lemon
Nutrition Information (per serve)
|Energy||2226 kJ (532 calories)|
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Combine mince, garlic, onion, apple and carrot in a bowl, and mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Add ricotta, breadcrumbs, parmesan, parsley, egg and spices to the bowl and mix until well combined. Shape into meatballs and place into an ovenproof dish.
- Pour tomato sauce over meatballs and cover and bake for ten minutes. Remove lid and bake for a further 15 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Meanwhile cook the leek in a pan over medium heat with olive oil. Add the zucchini and toss through for a few seconds until warm. Season spaghetti with a little lemon and black pepper, divide between serving plates and top with the meatballs.
- Serve sprinkled with fresh chopped parsley and a little grated parmesan.