The Dietitians Association of Australia (DAA) is Australia’s largest and most influential organisation for dietetic and nutrition professionals. More than a professional association, we are a supportive and inspiring community.
Membership is open to qualified dietitians, and dietetics students enrolled in an accredited entry level course in Australia. Your DAA member community offers you a place to connect with like-minded people, develop your practice, and gain insight and expertise from leaders in the profession.
Why be a member?
As a member of DAA you have access to an extensive range of services, resources and opportunities through the Members Only section on the website. Your member benefits include:
|MEMBER BENEFITS||FULL MEMBER||STUDENT||AFFILIATE||RETIRED||APD ONLY|
|Access to the dynamic knowledge translation tool, Practice-based Evidence in Nutrition (PEN) valued at $500||✓||X||X||X||X|
|Subscription to resources such as ProQuest and Nutrition & Dietetics journal||✓||✓||✓||✓||X|
|Exclusive access to DAA’s own resource databases, DINER and PIP||✓||✓||✓||✓||X|
|Attend local & national CPD opportunities, including the annual conference, workshops and seminars at discounted rates||✓||✓||✓||✓||X|
|Receive discounts on DAA’s Centre for Advanced Learning short courses||✓||✓||✓||✓||X|
|Access to the DAA Member Assistance Program for human resources support||✓||✓||✓||✓||X|
|Find a mentor/mentee and register mentoring partnerships with DAA||✓||X||✓||✓||✓|
|Receive information about opportunities, news and alerts in DAA’s Weekly Member Updates||✓||✓||✓||✓||X|
|Have your achievements recognised through member awards||✓||✓||✓||✓||X|
|Connect with fellow APDs & members in online forums (Member Connect) – discussion and interest groups available for more than 20 practice areas||✓||✓||✓||✓||X|
|List job opportunities and view positions vacant online||✓||✓||✓||✓||X|
|List and view rooms for rent online||✓||✓||✓||✓||X|
|Opportunities to sit on Working Groups for DAA submissions and projects||✓||✓||✓||✓||X|
|Access to the Emerging Dietitians Hub||✓||✓||✓||✓||X|
|Full voting rights||✓||X||✓||✓||X|
|Eligibility to join DAA Board, Engagement and Development Committees & Advisory Committees||✓||X||X||X||X|
|Eligibility to join APD program||✓||X||X||X||✓|
DAA has a range of membership types to suit your current employment / study situation, click here to find the best option for you. If you have any questions, please get in touch with our friendly membership team today.
DAA National Office
P: (02) 6189 1200
Get the most from – and give back to – your profession. Join today.
As a member, you support us to:
- Increase the profile of APDs through our media, PR, advocacy and marketing efforts and health promotion events – leading to wider recognition of and demand for APDs
- Provide members with individual practice support and information
- Recognise outstanding achievements of members through awards, grants, scholarships, and prizes
- Mentor emerging dietitians or those resuming their practice
- Provide subsidised CPD opportunities to members
- Facilitate professional network-building and peer support through our dedicated member discussion forums, social activities, interest groups, and local meetings
- Encourage and support leadership in our member community through volunteer opportunities
- Offer exclusive member resources, such as PEN, Nutrition & Dietetics journal, ProQuest, plus DAA’s own resource databases, DINER and PIP
- Strengthen our Find an Accredited Practising Dietitian online directory as the go-to place to find a dietitian
- Regulate the profession, ensuring only safe and competent dietitians can be APDs, by accrediting University dietetics courses, managing the APD credential, and setting standards of conduct and competency.