The Dietitians Association of Australia (DAA) is Australia’s largest and most influential organisation for dietetic and nutrition professionals. More than a professional association, we are a supportive and inspiring community.
Membership is open to qualified dietitians, and dietetics students enrolled in an accredited entry level course in Australia. Your DAA member community offers you a place to connect with like-minded people, develop your practice, and gain insight and expertise from leaders in the profession.
Why be a member?
As a member of DAA you have access to an extensive range of services, resources and opportunities through the Members Only section on the website. Your member benefits include:
|MEMBER BENEFITS||FULL MEMBER||STUDENT||AFFILIATE||RETIRED||APD ONLY|
|Access to the dynamic knowledge translation tool, Practice-based Evidence in Nutrition (PEN) valued at $500||✓||X||X||X||X|
|Receive discounts on travel, leisure, shopping and automotive from a range of participating retailers and entertainment venues around the country with Member Advantage||✓||✓||✓||✓||X|
|Subscription to resources such as ProQuest and Nutrition & Dietetics journal||✓||✓||✓||✓||X|
|Exclusive access to DAA’s own resource databases, DINER and PIP||✓||✓||✓||✓||X|
|Attend local & national CPD opportunities, including the annual conference, workshops and seminars at discounted rates||✓||✓||✓||✓||X|
|Receive discounts on DAA’s Centre for Advanced Learning short courses||✓||✓||✓||✓||X|
|Access to the DAA Member Assistance Program for human resources support||✓||✓||✓||✓||X|
|Find a mentor/mentee and register mentoring partnerships with DAA||✓||X||✓||✓||✓|
|Receive information about opportunities, news and alerts in DAA’s Weekly Member Updates||✓||✓||✓||✓||X|
|Have your achievements recognised through member awards||✓||✓||✓||✓||X|
|Connect with fellow APDs & members in online forums (Member Connect) – discussion and interest groups available for more than 20 practice areas||✓||✓||✓||✓||X|
|List job opportunities and view positions vacant online||✓||✓||✓||✓||X|
|List and view rooms for rent online||✓||✓||✓||✓||X|
|Opportunities to sit on Working Groups for DAA submissions and projects||✓||✓||✓||✓||X|
|Access to the Emerging Dietitians Hub||✓||✓||✓||✓||X|
|Full voting rights||✓||X||✓||✓||X|
|Eligibility to join DAA Board, Engagement and Development Committees & Advisory Committees||✓||X||X||X||X|
|Eligibility to join APD program||✓||X||X||X||✓|
DAA has a range of membership types to suit your current employment / study situation, to find the best option for you visit Membership Types and Payment Options. If you have any questions, please get in touch with our friendly membership team today.
DAA National Office
P: (02) 6189 1200
Get the most from—and give back to—your profession. Join today.
As a member, you support us to:
- Increase the profile of APDs through our media, PR, advocacy and marketing efforts and health promotion events – leading to wider recognition of and demand for APDs
- Provide members with individual practice support and information
- Recognise outstanding achievements of members through awards, grants, scholarships, and prizes
- Mentor emerging dietitians or those resuming their practice
- Provide subsidised CPD opportunities to members
- Facilitate professional network-building and peer support through our dedicated member discussion forums, social activities, interest groups, and local meetings
- Encourage and support leadership in our member community through volunteer opportunities
- Offer exclusive member resources, such as PEN, Nutrition & Dietetics journal, ProQuest, plus DAA’s own resource databases, DINER and PIP
- Strengthen our Find an Accredited Practising Dietitian online directory as the go-to place to find a dietitian
- Regulate the profession, ensuring only safe and competent dietitians can be APDs, by accrediting University dietetics courses, managing the APD credential, and setting standards of conduct and competency.