Renew or Reinstate
2019 Membership Renewals opening in early December
Membership Renewals for 2019 are opening in December and we want to make sure you have everything you need to know to be ready to renew.
Your 2018 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) activities for must be completed before Monday 31 December 2018 and logged online before you renew your APD status online.
To meet your annual requirements, please ensure:
- You have a minimum of two learning goals
- At least one goal is related to ‘Professional Competence’
- At least one activity is logged under each goal
- You have completed a learning outcome for each goal
- You have logged a minimum of 30 hours of CPD (or a pro-rata requirement as outlined in the APD Program Handbook).
If you have any questions about your CPD, please contact our APD Administrator via email or phone (02) 6189 1200.
Renew your membership
Your membership is valid from January to December each year.
If you are an existing member, please click on the Renew or Reinstate button below to renew your membership and APD status.
Please note: 2019 renewals close 27 March. If you have not renewed by this date, you will be lapsed automatically on 1 April. To reinstate your lapsed membership after that date, you will need to pay a reinstatement fee of $55.00 as well as your annual membership fees.
If you have changed your name since your last renewal, please email your supporting documentation to Membership Officer (such as your marriage certificate).
If you are a student upgrading to full member, or a full member returning to full time study, please see Supporting Documentation for details on what evidence you need to provide us with in order to process your renewal.
Lapsed member? Reinstate your membership now
If you have ever previously been a DAA member, please do not apply as a new member as this will cause record duplication and delays to your re-joining.
If your membership has lapsed, please click on the Renew or Reinstate button below to reinstate your membership and APD status.
When your membership lapses, your APD status is also lapsed. Please ensure you have APD status before you see clients claiming on Medicare or private health insurance. Contact our APD Administrator for further information about your APD status.
If you are returning to DAA and/or the APD program after a break (e.g. you were deferred or lapsed) your membership and/or APD status will be listed as active from the specific date that you completed the reinstatement process for each of these.
If your membership lapsed prior to 2016 (or you resigned prior to 2016), we need to re-open your record to allow you to reinstate online. Please email the Membership Officer with your full name, date of birth and your DAA number and request for your membership record to be re-opened. You will be advised when you can commence online renewal.
Please note a fee of $55.00 applies to reinstate your lapsed membership.
Please see Membership fees for further information and payment options.
- When you renew or reinstate, you will need to make the following mandatory declarations:
- I have read and understood both the DAA Code of Professional Conduct and the DAA Statement of Ethical Practice. I agree to abide by these professional standards.
- I have not been convicted, nor currently facing charges in any court in Australia, or elsewhere, of any offence punishable by imprisonment for a term of 3 months or longer.
- I know of no information that could cause the Dietitians Association of Australia not be satisfied that I am fit to practice and am a competent person to be a member of DAA.
- I consent to allowing my de identified information from membership data to be used for DAA internal research to help inform future member services.
- All information I have provided is true and correct to the best of my knowledge.
Contact our Membership Officer for any further information.