Renew or Reinstate
Renew your membership
2020 Membership Renewals now open
Would you like to renew your membership or APD? Get in touch with our Membership Team today!
Ph: 02 6189 1200 E: email@example.com
Are you unsure of which category you fit into? You can find out on Membership Categories and Payment Options.
If you are an existing member, please click on the Renew or Reinstate button below to renew your membership and APD status. If you are a new member, you can join now.
Please note: Your membership is valid from January to December each year. Membership and APD renewals close on Wednesday 25 March 2020. If you have not renewed by this date, you will be lapsed automatically on Monday 1 April 2020. To reinstate your lapsed membership after that date, you will need to pay a reinstatement fee of $55.00 as well as your annual membership fees.
If you have changed your name since your last renewal, please email your supporting documentation to Membership Officer (such as your marriage certificate).
If you are a student upgrading to full member, or a full member returning to full time study, please see Supporting Documentation for details on what evidence you need to provide us with in order to process your renewal.
Lapsed member? Reinstate your membership now
If you have ever previously been a DAA member, please do not apply as a new member as this will cause record duplication and delays to your re-joining.
If your membership has lapsed, please click on the Renew or Reinstate button above to reinstate your membership and APD status.
When your membership lapses, your APD status is also lapsed. Please ensure you have APD status before you see clients claiming on Medicare or private health insurance. Contact our APD Administrator for further information about your APD status.
If you are returning to DAA and/or the APD program after a break (e.g. you were deferred or lapsed) your membership and/or APD status will be listed as active from the specific date that you completed the reinstatement process for each of these.
If your membership lapsed prior to 2016 (or you resigned prior to 2016), we need to re-open your record to allow you to reinstate online. Please email the Membership Officer with your full name, date of birth and your DAA number and request for your membership record to be re-opened. You will be advised when you can commence online renewal.
Please note a fee of $55.00 applies to reinstate your lapsed membership.
Please see Membership fees for further information and payment options. We only accept Visa or Mastercard debit/credit cards.
- When you renew or reinstate, you will need to make the following mandatory declarations:
- I have read and understood both the DAA Code of Professional Conduct and the DAA Statement of Ethical Practice. I agree to abide by these professional standards.
- I have not been convicted, nor currently facing charges in any court in Australia, or elsewhere, of any offence punishable by imprisonment for a term of 3 months or longer.
- I know of no information that could cause the Dietitians Association of Australia not be satisfied that I am fit to practice and am a competent person to be a member of DAA.
- I consent to allowing my de identified information from membership data to be used for DAA internal research to help inform future member services.
- All information I have provided is true and correct to the best of my knowledge.
Contact our Membership Officer for any further information.