New Member or Student Upgrade

To join as a full member, or to upgrade your student membership, you need to provide evidence of your dietetics qualification.

What documents do I need to provide?

Before we can process your application or upgrade, please provide:

  • certified copy of your official academic transcript
  • or (as an interim solution – if you do not yet have your transcript) an original Letter of Completion, followed by a certified copy of your official academic transcript within 6 months of completion.

certified copy of your official academic transcript, clearly showing your status as ‘Course Completed’ is the only true and authoritative evidence of course completion. However, if you have graduated out of session and have not yet been formally completed or ‘conferred’ by your University, we will accept an original Letter of Completion until the final transcript has been made available.

The original Letter of Completion must:

  • be issued in your name
  • be on University letterhead
  • contain the full course title and course code
  • confirm that you have “successfully completed all course requirements”
  • be signed by the Head of School or Head of Discipline (Course Convenor will not be accepted)
  • confirm the date your award will be conferred
  • be an original letter or a certified copy (photocopies will not be accepted)
  • be followed by submitting a certified copy of your official academic transcript within 6 months of your program completion date

Please note:

  • A Letter of Completion that is “subject to outstanding completion of units” will not be accepted.
  • A Letter of Completion must be followed within 6 months by a certified copy of your official academic transcript

What is a certified copy?

A certified copy is a copy of an original document that has been signed by a person officially authorised to confirm that it is a true and correct duplicate.

Will you accept digitally certified documents from My eQuals?

Yes, we accept digitally certified transcripts from My eQuals. To check if your university offers My eQuals, visit the full list of participating universities. You can access My eQuals through your university student portal, when sharing the document select ‘generate a link to my documents’ and either upload the link during the online renewal process or email it to

If you provide your transcript via My eQuals, you will not be required to supply a hard copy certified transcript via post.

Why do I need to submit certified copies?

To protect the credibility of the credential, the association itself, our members, and the public, we need to know that the documents you submit to us are authentic. A certified copy is the only official and trustworthy copy.

Will you send my documents back to me?

Any documents you submit will be retained by us, unless otherwise specified. Therefore, you should only send us certified true copies, not originals.

How do I get my documents certified?

Make a photocopy of your original document. Take your original and the photocopy to an authorised person. This person will compare your original and the photocopy to ensure they are the same. Then they will either stamp or write on each page of the photocopy, “I have sighted the original document and certify this to be a true copy of the original”. They will then sign each statement and provide their position designation, e.g. “Pharmacist”. They will not stamp or write on your original document.

Alternatively, submit your electronically certified document via My eQuals.

Where do I send my documents?

Please post your documents to:

Dietitians Association of Australia
Attention: Membership Officer
1/8 Phipps Close
Deakin ACT 2600

If you have provided your electronically certified documents via My eQuals, you are not required to post a hard copy.


Contact our Membership Officer for any further information.