Social Media for Health Professionals
This course is a joint initiative of the DAA Centre for Advanced Learning, FoodBytes and Air Creative.
This course will empower you to successfully manage your social media effectively, increase exposure, use the right advertising model for your business along with new angles to grow visibility of your profile.
The course comprises four half-day modules. You can register for individual modules, or complete all four.
This social media course will empower health professionals with a strategy to successfully manage their social media more efficiently, along with fresh and engaging content to grow visibility of their professional profiles and position them as an industry experts. Food does so much more than nourish our bodies; it can help us to grow and thrive mentally and physically. Similarly, when it comes to social media, how and what we feed our platforms will impact the outputs.
When we nourish our social media platforms, our audience naturally grows and thrives. With live demonstrations, practical tips and tricks, and digital case studies tailored to the health industry, participants will not only get a personalised experience, but also the opportunity to troubleshoot questions whilst
benefitting from networking with supportive industry peers.
Social Media Strategy
- Map out a successful social media strategy to ensure you’re not wasting time on the wrong platforms
- Stay on track by learning how to measure return on investment
- Align your strategy with your customer journey touch points from evaluation, experience, advocacy through to bites.
Contagious Content Frameworks
- Content angles that will make you stand out against nutrition celebrities and unqualified so called “experts”
- 6 scientific principles for contagious content with nutrition based case studies, that will organically get more likes, comments, shares and clicks
- Apply the 4 E’s to empower, educate, entertain and enlighten your clients in the nutrition space, and position yourself as an industry expert.
Content Planning & Scheduling Tools
- Efficiently manage content production with a Content Calendar Template tailored to the health industry
- Publishing frequency guidelines, including how often you really need to post (hint: no, it’s not everyday)
- Save time by scheduling content in advance with apps.
- Quickly create professionally branded images using free online graphic design tools
- Where to source high quality, visually stunning, royalty free images
- Tools and tips for video production and YouTube streaming
- Creating audio streams & podcasting
Half day course. Can be completed as an individual module.
This community building course will equip the health industry with the know how to increase exposure of their content and professional profiles on social media. It will also teach health professionals how to effectively engage with influencers to gain advocacy for their business, bypassing the industry issue of not being able to use client testimonials in marketing collateral.
Grow thriving communities around social media platforms, to naturally generate more engagement and awareness around your position as an industry expert. Harness this to establish like, credibility and trust, the essential building blocks that lead to new client bookings. With live demonstrations, practical tips and tricks, and digital case studies tailored to the health industry, participants will not only get a personalised experience, but also the opportunity to troubleshoot questions whilst benefitting from networking with supportive industry peers.
Get More Visibility in News Feeds
- Reduce frustration with Facebook by understanding the key drivers of the algorithm to maximise organic reach without having to pay for advertising
- Get up to speed with the latest algorithm changes for Facebook & Instagram to ensure your content still gets maximum visibility
- Health industry based social media case studies demonstrating content with strong organic reach
- Common mistakes to avoid that reduce the number of people who see your posts on Facebook & Instagram
- How to create engaged social media platforms as community based destinations for your clients, that naturally drive engagement and exposure of your content and profile
Instagram Tips & Tricks
- Optimising your bio so your professional profile comes up in more searches and naturally attracts new followers
- Strategically using hashtags and geotagging to get more engagement and followers
- Adding Bitly links and using Google Analytics URL Builder to track actions of value
- What is influencer marketing and how can it benefit health professionals on social media?
- Identifying the right influencers to engage with
- Keys to developing influencer outreach campaigns
- Approaching and collaborating with influencers effectively
Half day course. Can be completed as an individual module.
It’s easy to waste money quickly on advertising campaigns that don’t get results. This course will empower health professionals with the fundamental steps to align objectives with the right advertising models and strategy. After all, you can’t drink the juice if you don’t peel the orange. And most advertisers are trying to sell the orange, without peeling back its layers to get the juice inside it, that contains all the goodness for running ads that actually convert.
After completing this course in conjunction with Facebook & Instagram Advertising Management, you will have a systemised strategy to confidently manage successful Facebook and Instagram advertising campaigns. With live demonstrations, practical tips and tricks, and digital case studies tailored to the health industry, participants will not only get a personalised experience, but also the opportunity to troubleshoot questions whilst benefitting from networking with supportive industry peers.
Before You Start Advertising
- Auditing checklist for website, brand, and platforms to maximise conversion from social media advertising traffic
- Utilising the sophistication of Facebook & Instagram’s advertising platforms by avoiding mass marketing messages to broad audiences
- Segmenting your audience into personas to increase conversions on your campaigns with lower spend
- Developing key messaging to connect with personas to improve ad performance
- Setting up a Facebook Advertising Account correctly the first time to avoid losing your data
- Facebook Business Manager- is it for you?
- Adding advertising admins to your Ads Manager or Business Manager accounts
Selecting the Right Strategy
- Overarching advertising funnels
- Lead generation campaigns connected to email
- Remarketing to website traffic, email lists, app traffic and
people who have previously engaged with content
Get Better Results from Advertising Models
- Awareness: boost your posts, promote your page, reach people near your business, increase brand awareness
- Consideration: send people to your website, get installs of your app, raise attendance at your event, get video views, collect leads for your business
- Conversion: increase conversions on your website, increase engagement in your app, get people to claim your offer, promote a product catalogue
Half day course. A pre-requisite for Module 4.
Following from Module 3: Facebook & Instagram Advertising Strategy, this course will teach health professionals how to efficiently and effectively run advertising campaigns. Get your ads in front of the right people, create compelling advertising creative, split test to squeeze more juice from campaigns, and use the right metrics to measure results. After completing this course in conjunction with Module 3, you will be empowered with a systemised strategy to confidently manage successful Facebook and Instagram advertising campaigns. With live demonstrations, practical tips and tricks, and digital case studies tailored to the health industry, participants will not only get a personalised experience, but also the opportunity to troubleshoot questions whilst benefitting from networking with supportive industry peers.
Targeting the Right Audience
- Interest, behavioural, and demographic targeting
- Using Audience Insights for market research to uncover new targeting options
- Setting up the Facebook Pixel to create Custom and Lookalike Audiences
- Image and video production resources
- Carousel format to showcase multiple promotions with
- Canvas ads with panoramic and zooming capabilities
- Create slideshows using 3 to 7 images and text overlays
Reduce Wasted Spend with Split Testing
- How to setup and structure A/B split campaigns
- Identifying successful split testing campaigns to scale
- Systematically scaling up budgets to increase revenue
Ads Manager Versus Power Editor
- Navigating the layout: campaigns, ad sets, and ads
- Creating bulk ads with Power Editor
Instagram Platform Advertising
- Switching to a business account to activate advertising
- Promoting posts from your phone
- Ad creative specifications
- Pixel code for Custom Conversions and Standard Event Conversions
- Customising your Ads Manager dashboard
- Exporting Facebook spreadsheet advertising reports
- Measuring Instagram advertising performance
Google Analytics (For Website Conversion Tracking)
- Google Analytics Acquisitions for Facebook and Instagram conversions
- Google Analytics conversion goals
- Generating URL tags to measure results from individual campaigns
Half day course. Module 3 is a pre-requisite.
Per module $599* DAA members (RRP $869) GST incl.
*10% discount for DAA members if registering for all four modules
April 2017 (Dates TBC)
Register your interest
Please email email@example.com to register your interest.
Teri combined her two decades of industry marketing experience together with her digital skills and nutrition knowledge to establish FoodBytes, a unique nutrition consultancy with a focus on empowering businesses to embrace new media to grow their professional careers.
Prior to establishing FoodBytes, Teri worked at Nestle for almost a decade, where she gained valuable brand marketing and digital expertise. She has a wealth of experience across nutrition, healthcare, and FMCG industries.
Teri has a proven track record of creating and implementing successful digital strategies. As a reputable source of digital knowledge and social media expertise, Teri has presented digital training sessions to university students, health professionals and organisations, and is passionate about empowering brands and companies to deliver superior customer experiences.
Teri is a regular speaker on the topics of social media and digital marketing and contributes to a range of digital and nutrition publications.
Gaynor is the director of social media consulting agency, AIR CREATIVE, and also travels Australia delivering the Facebook & Instagram Advertising course for NET:101, the nation’s largest provider of social media education.
She enjoys getting to the nitty gritty of what really makes a business tick, to generate fresh ideas for their social media marketing connected to their bottom line objectives.
Gaynor has been interviewed on Channel 7 and the ABC radio; published in B&T and on the Public Relations Institute of Australia website; and has spoken at the Mumbrella360 marketing industry conference.
In a past life, Gaynor survived to tell the tale of working as a recruitment consultant for clients such as Coca Cola; and was also the Quality Assurance Manager for Impact Digital, where she secured four ISO certifications over four consecutive years, and wrote the submission that won them an “Enterprise and Innovation” award from the Moreland City council.