A slice of delight (nut and seed slice)
Recipe courtesy of Katrina Yip, APD
- 50g butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- ½ cup plain flour
- 2 weet bix
- ½ cup dried cranberry
- ¾ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ pumpkin seeds (pepita)
- ½ cup almonds (roughly chopped)
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds
Nutrition Information (per serve)
|Energy||591.5 kJ (141 calories)|
- Preheat oven to 180°C, and line an oven proof tray (20x30cm) with baking paper.
- Place butter and honey in a saucepan and melt over low heat.
- In a large bowl crush the weet bix then add all dry ingredients (except the dried cranberry and almonds).
- Add butter and honey mixture to dry ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Add cranberry and almonds (roughly chopped).
- Press mixture into baking tray and bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing.
This recipe featured in the APD Cookbook, created in collaboration with DAA.
Download the full APD Cookbook by visiting the Australia’s Healthy Weight Week website.
Want more tips to feel fabulous? Sign up to our Smart Eating newsletter today!