Aromatic freekeh and capsicum delight
Recipe courtesy of Eunice Asare, APD
1/2 cup red capsicum, finely diced
1/2 cup green capsicum, finely diced
1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1 cup roasted cracked wholegrain freekeh
3 cups of reduced salt vegetable stock
400g canned 4 bean mix, drained and rinsed
Nutrition Information (per serve)
|Energy||700 kJ (167 calories)|
- Place 1 cup of washed roasted cracked whole grain freekeh in a medium sized pan
- Add 3 cups of vegetable stock to freekeh and bring contents almost to a boil on medium heat
- Reduce heat to low, cover pan and allow to cook for 25 to 30 minutes until soft
- Set aside the freekeh and allow to cool down
- Once cooled, toss all salad ingredients in a large bowl and mix well
This recipe featured in the APD Cookbook, created in collaboration with DAA.
Download the full APD Cookbook by visiting the Australia’s Healthy Weight Week website.
Want more tips to feel fabulous? Sign up to our Smart Eating newsletter today!