Asparagus, french lentils with leftover beef
Recipe courtesy of Anika Rouf APD
100 g French lentils
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2 bunches of asparagus, chopped
2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
100 g leftover meat, sliced (I used beef but any lean meat can be used up here)
Nutrition Information (per serve)
|Energy||912 kJ (218 calories)|
- Cook French lentils according to instructions on the packet (e.g. boil for 20 mins).
- Heat extra virgin olive oil on a pan
- Add diced onion and garlic and stir.
- Add asparagus and cook for 15 mins, or until tender.
- Add raw carrots and cooked French lentils.
- Add sliced leftover meat and serve.