Prep Time: 25 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
No of Serves: 4
Corporate Partner Jalna
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 egg
- ½ ripe banana, smashed into a puree
- ½ cup milk of your choice
- ¼ cup Jalna Greek Natural Yoghourt + extra to serve
- Fresh berries, to serve
Nutrition Information (per serve)
|Energy||848 kJ (203 calories)|
- Mix chia seeds with 1 tablespoon of water and leave to rest until the chia forms a paste.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg, milk and yoghourt until smooth then add the banana puree and chia paste. Add the flour and stir until just combined. Allow batter to rest at least 10 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Using a large tablespoon, dollop batter into the pan, making sure the pikelets do not run into each other. Cook until bubbles begin to appear; using a spatula, flip and continue cooking until pikelets are golden and cooked through, about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Serve pikelets with the extra yoghurt and fresh berries.
Want more tips to feel fabulous? Sign up to our Smart Eating newsletter today!