Chickpea noodle soup
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
No of Serves: 4
Recipe courtesy of Amy Chatwin, Accredited Practising Dietitian
- 1 medium onion
- 2 medium carrots
- 3 stalks celery
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 cups water
- 200 grams spaghetti of your choice
- 1 can chickpeas
- 3/4 cup corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Nutrition Information (per serve)
|Energy||1760 kJ (421 calories)|
- Dice the onion. Thinly slice the carrots and celery.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based saucepan over low heat. Add the onion, carrot and celery and saute until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Crush the garlic and add to the saucepan along with the dried herbs and pepper.
- Add the water and spaghetti. Bring the pot to a simmer and cook for until the spaghetti is al dente (check the back of the packet).
- Once the spaghetti is cooked add the chickpeas and corn kernels and cook for another minute.
- Serve the soup topped with the fresh parsley.
Want more tips to feel fabulous? Sign up to our Smart Eating newsletter today!