Fig & honey custard tarlets
Recipe courtesy of Erin Murnane APD
SHORT CRUST PASTRY
½ cup rice flour
1 cup almond meal
1 free-range egg
2 tbsp olive oil (any oil will work)
1 tbsp honey
2 free-range eggs
½ cup milk or cream
1 tbsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp honey
2 fresh figs, sliced
Nutrition Information (per serve)
|Energy||1913 kJ (457 calories)|
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C fan forced. Using a food processor, combine rice flour, almond meal, egg, honey and oil. Blitz until the mixture comes to a ball.
- Divide pastry into four portions, rolling out each to 1cm-thickness.
- Transfer pastry into tart tins pressing into edges and trimming excess pastry hanging over the edges. Bake in pre-heated oven for ten minutes.
- To make custard, combine eggs, milk, vanilla and honey in a mixing bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Remove tart shells from oven. Evenly divide custard mixture into shells and gently float fig slices on top of custard filling.
- Place tarts back into the oven to bake for a further 30-40 minutes or until custard has set. Allow to cool slightly, drizzle with honey and serve with natural or Greek yoghurt.