Fig & honey custard tarlets
Recipe courtesy of Erin Murnane APD
SHORT CRUST PASTRY
½ cup rice flour
1 cup almond meal
1 free-range egg
2 tbsp olive oil (any oil will work)
1 tbsp honey
2 free-range eggs
½ cup milk or cream
1 tbsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp honey
2 fresh figs, sliced
Nutrition Information (per serve)
|Energy||1942 kJ (464 calories)|
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C fan forced. Using a food processor, combine rice flour, almond meal, egg, honey and oil. Blitz until the mixture comes to a ball.
- Divide pastry into four portions, rolling out each to 1cm-thickness.
- Transfer pastry into tart tins pressing into edges and trimming excess pastry hanging over the edges. Bake in pre-heated oven for ten minutes.
- To make custard, combine eggs, milk, vanilla and honey in a mixing bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Remove tart shells from oven. Evenly divide custard mixture into shells and gently float fig slices on top of custard filling.
- Place tarts back into the oven to bake for a further 30-40 minutes or until custard has set. Allow to cool slightly, drizzle with honey and serve with natural or Greek yoghurt.
Want more tips to feel fabulous? Sign up to our Smart Eating newsletter today!