High fibre bean & veggie pasta
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 12 mins
No of Serves: 2
Recipe courtesy of Sophie Hofto, Accredited Practising Dietitian
- 1 medium sized chilli, roughly chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- ¼ red onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic
- Handful of spinach (around 30g)
- ½ cup passata sauce
- 140g mixed beans, rinsed
- 200g wholemeal pasta, cooked
- ¼ cup water
- Basil, 1-2 sprigs
- Feta cheese, to serve
Nutrition Information (per serve)
|Energy||1140 kJ (272 calories)|
- Place pasta into boiling water and cook as per cooking instructions
- Add onion, garlic and chilli into a warmed non-stick pan. Sautee until onion becomes translucent.
- Add carrot and passata sauce to pan, stir. Simmer for 4-5 minutes. Add rinsed beans, torn basil, spinach and water. Simmer for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Combine cooked pasta and vegetable sauce. Place in two bowls and sprinkle on crumbed feta as desired.
Want more tips to feel fabulous? Sign up to our Smart Eating newsletter today!