Orange polenta cake
Recipe courtesy of Sue Shepherd, APD, VIC, from ‘A Wealth of Health’
60g reduced fat margarine
1 cup (220g) castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
4 egg whites
200g gluten-free low fat vanilla yoghurt
1 cup (150g) polenta
1/2 cup (40g) desiccated coconut
4 tsp grated orange rind
1/3 cup (80ml) orange juice
Nutrition Information (per serve)
|Energy||844 kJ (202 calories)|
- In a medium bowl, cream margarine, sugar, and vanilla essence with an electric beater.
- Add eggs and egg whites, one at a time, continue beating between additions.
- Add yoghurt, polenta, coconut, orange rind and juice. Beat well for further 2 minutes.
- Pour into greased ring pan.
- Bake in moderate oven (160°C) for 40-50 minutes or until golden brown.
Want more tips to feel fabulous? Sign up to our Smart Eating newsletter today!