Roasted cauliflower and chickpea salad
Recipe courtesy of Chloe Phillips, APD
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped
- 400g tin of chickpeas, drained, patted dry
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup currants
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ½ cup flat parsley, roughly chopped
- ½ cup mint, roughly chopped
- 80 g Danish feta
Nutrition Information (per serve)
|Energy||1478 kJ (353 calories)|
- Lay cauliflower and chickpeas on a baking tray. Toss in cumin and olive oil. Roast in oven on 180 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden.
- While cauliflower is roasting, toast pine nuts (no oil) in a small pan over low heat until lightly browned and fragrant. Remove nuts from pan, set aside.
- In same pan over medium-high heat, simmer currants in red wine vinegar for 3-5 minutes. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients from steps 1-3 in a salad bowl with the herbs. Sprinkle with Danish feta and an extra sprig of mint to serve.
This recipe featured in the APD Cookbook, created in collaboration with DAA.
Download the full APD Cookbook by visiting the Australia’s Healthy Weight Week website.
Want more tips to feel fabulous? Sign up to our Smart Eating newsletter today!