Roasted field mushrooms stuffed with tandoori risotto
Recipe courtesy of Irresistibles for the Irritable by Sue Shepherd.
4 cups (1000ml) hot gluten free vegetable stock
1 1/3 cups (300g) Arborio rice
1/3 cup (85ml) tomato puree
1 Tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
1 tsp sweet paprika
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp garam masala
1/2 cup (125g) gluten free natural yoghurt
freshly ground black pepper to taste
6 large (750g) field mushrooms
gluten free natural yoghurt, extra
Nutrition Information (per serve)
|Energy||946.8 kJ (226 calories)|
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC. Heat vegetable stock in a large saucepan.
- Add rice, tomato puree, herbs and spices. cook covered, stirring regularly, over medium heat until all liquid is absorbed, and rice is tender. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir through yoghurt and pepper to taste.
- Use a damp cloth to wipe clean outer surface of mushroom. Remove stem. Set out on flat baking tray.
- Place spoonfuls of tandoori risotto mixture evenly over four mushrooms.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until mushrooms softened.
- Removed from oven, top with a spoonful of extra natural yoghurt.
Want more tips to feel fabulous? Sign up to our Smart Eating newsletter today!