Root vegetable soup with yoghourt
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 35 mins
No of Serves: 4
Recipe courtesy of Jalna
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 200 grams carrots, washed and cubed
- 200 grams sweet potato, washed and cubed
- 200 grams parsnip, washed and cubed
- 1/2 kilo butternut pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- 6 cups low-salt vegetable stock
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup Jalna Greek Natural Yoghourt
Nutrition Information (per serve)
|Energy||1102 kJ (263 calories)|
- Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add onion, carrot, sweet potato and parsnip. Sautee until vegetables start to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock, thyme and bay leaf. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, until vegetables become tender, around 35 minutes. Discard herbs and remove from heat.
- Using a stick blender or working in batches in a food processor, purée soup until smooth.
- Return to pot over low heat. Stir in yoghourt until warmed through. Serve immediately. Alternatively, ladle soup into bowls and top evenly with yoghourt.
Want more tips to feel fabulous? Sign up to our Smart Eating newsletter today!