Salad for one – spinach and tahini slaw
Recipe courtesy of Caroline Trickey, APD
Handful of baby spinach leaves (at least 50 grams)
1 small carrot, julienned or grated
1/4 cup red cabbage, finely shredded
2 teaspoons sesame seeds, pinenuts or pecans, toasted
1 heaped tablespoon of tahini dressing (see recipe below)
1 tablespoon tahini
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon water
1 clove garlic, crushed
pinch salt, optional
Nutrition Information (per serve)
|Energy||1066 kJ (255 calories)|
- Add spinach leaves, carrot, red cabbage and tahini dressing to serving bowl. Mix well to combine. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, pinenuts or pecans just before serving.
To make the tahini dressing:
- Place tahini in a medium sized bowl
- Add lemon juice to tahini slowly as you mix with a spoon or whisk
- Add the water in the same way, then stir through the garlic and salt.
- Store in the fridge – will keep for up to 3 weeks
This tahini dressing can also be used on steamed veggies like broccoli or green beans.
This recipe featured in the APD Cookbook, created in collaboration with DAA.
Download the full APD Cookbook by visiting the Australia’s Healthy Weight Week website.
Want more tips to feel fabulous? Sign up to our Smart Eating newsletter today!