Salmon, Asparagus and Cherry Tomato Pasta
Recipe courtesy of the DAA Victorian Engagement and Development Committee
250g (1 packet) penne or rigatoni pasta (choose a gluten free version for those with Coeliac disease)
100g Toasted Pine nuts
2 tablespoons Olive oil
3 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 small red onion, chopped
2 bunches of Asparagus, roughly chopped (370g)
1 punnet Cherry tomatoes, cut in halves (250g)
250g Smoked salmon, roughly chopped
½ bunch Parsley, roughly copped
Lemon zest and juice of ½ lemon
Top with grated parmesan cheese (sprinkle x 4)
Nutrition Information (per serve)
|Energy||3079 kJ (736 calories)|
1. Cook pasta as per packet instructions and set aside.
2. Prepare other ingredient ingredients by chopping up smoked salmon, asparagus, onion, garlic and tomatoes. Toast pine nuts and set aside.
3. Heat oil in a frypan and sauté onion and garlic. Once browned, add asparagus and sauté for a further 2-3 minutes
4. Add cherry tomatoes and sauté for a further 2-3 minutes until soft
5. Add salmon, parsley, pine nuts lemon zest and juice and stir through. Salmon should only take 1-2 minutes to cook through.
6. Finally, stir through cooked pasta
7. Serve with parmesan cheese.