Prep Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 55 mins
No of Serves: 60
Recipe courtesy of Caroline Trickey Accredited Practising Dietitian
- ½ cup linseeds (flaxseeds)
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- 2½ tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
Nutrition Information (per serve)
|Energy||93 kJ (22 calories)|
- Combine linseeds, sunflower, pumpkin, chia and sesame seeds in a medium bowl.
- Pour in olive oil and water and allow to sit for at least 15 minutes until all the water has been absorbed.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 170 degrees.
- Line a large baking tray – or 2 smaller trays approx 23c m x 32 cm – with greaseproof paper
- When the mix is ready, spread evenly over trays using a spatula. The mix will be approx 3-4 mm thick.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, transfer to a cutting board and cut into desired cracker sizes.
- Place back in the oven for a further 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven again, carefully turn the crackers over, remove paper, then put back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes.
- Cool before eating or transferring to glass jars for storage.
Want more tips to feel fabulous? Sign up to our Smart Eating newsletter today!