Spiced Beef/Lamb on Rosemary skewers
Recipe courtesy of Jalna
10 woody branches of rosemary with tufts of leaves
1 kg lamb (or beef or chicken) mince, coarsely ground
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
Juice of 1 lemon
1 cup Jalna Greek Yoghurt
Nutrition Information (per serve)
|Energy||1200 kJ (287 calories)|
- Soak woody branches of rosemary with tufts of leaves attached, in water for 5 minutes. If no rosemary available, just use wooden skewers. Drain.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine mince, nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon.
- With well oiled hands, shape large spoonfuls of spiced lamb and press it around the woody branches.
- Char-grill the skewers, turning once and leaving the meat slightly pink in the middle.
- Drizzle sauce over skewers or serve as a dipping sauce.