Recipe courtesy of C Roberts, J McDonald, M Cox, from Diabetes Eat and Enjoy.
2 cups (500ml) red wine, such as claret or burgundy
1 cup (250ml) unsweetened orange juice
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon or 2 cinnamon sticks
Artificial sweetener to taste
Nutrition Information (per serve)
|Energy||351.5 kJ (84 calories)|
- Place wine, orange juice and cinnamon in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Boil hard for 2 minutes, then remove from heat, or microwave on high for 2-3 minutes.
- Peel oranges, removing all pitch, slice horizontally and arrange in a glass serving bowl.
- Pour wine mixture over oranges.
- Chill well and sweeten before serving.
Want more tips to feel fabulous? Sign up to our Smart Eating newsletter today!