Sweetcorn and zucchini potato cakes
Recipe courtesy of Talia Cecchele, APD
1 large egg
½ tsp crushed garlic
½ tsp ground tumeric
½ medium zucchini grated
1 medium potato diced and steamed till soft
½ cup corn kernels, rinsed
1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
Plain or gluten free flour to thicken (about 2 tbs)
Nutrition Information (per serve)
|Energy||2429 kJ (581 calories)|
- Whisk egg with milk, garlic and turmeric
- Add raw zucchini, potato and corn to the egg mix
- Season with pepper and stir in desired flour to thicken if runny
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat and drop 2 tbs mixture, flatten with the back of a spoon and cook on each side until golden brown
- Stack potato cakes and they are ready to serve
Serving suggestion: top with Greek yoghurt or avocado and serve with a side of baby spinach leaves for extra fibre. Or enjoy as a side with poached eggs and salad (serves 2).
This recipe featured in the APD Cookbook, created in collaboration with DAA.
Download the full APD Cookbook by visiting the Australia’s Healthy Weight Week website.
Want more tips to feel fabulous? Sign up to our Smart Eating newsletter today!