Zucchini, lemon and goat’s cheese salad
Recipe courtesy of Emily Scott APD
2 large zucchini
1 bunch asparagus
20 snow peas
150g baby spinach leaves (or Mesclun salad mix)
2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
Half a red onion, diced
Juice of 2 lemons
2 tablespoons marinated goat’s cheese
1/4 cup slivered almonds
Cracked black pepper, to taste
Nutrition Information (per serve)
|Energy||517 kJ (124 calories)|
- Bring a medium pot of water to the boil. Slice the zucchini into pieces roughly 1cm wide, then cut in half lengthways.
- Prepare the asparagus by snapping off the woody ends.
- Prepare the snow peas by topping and tailing and removing outer string.
- Using the boiling water, steam or blanch the zucchini, asparagus and snow peas for 3 minutes, then rinse under cold water.
- Toast the slivered almonds until golden brown, using an oven grill or alternatively in a frypan over a medium heat.
- Combine the spinach leaves, chopped mint leaves and onion in a large bowl. Add the cooked green vegetables.
- Add to the greens the lemon juice, goat’s cheese, nuts and pepper to taste. Stir well to combine and enjoy as a side salad.