Keeping at your most comfortable weight means focusing on a healthy lifestyle, combining healthy foods with plenty of regular exercise.
The best way to get in all the nutrients you need is to eat a variety of foods from these five groups every day:
- Plenty of vegetables, including different types and colours, and legumes/beans
- Whole grains such as breads, cereals, rice, pasta, noodles, polenta, couscous, oats, quinoa and barley
- Lean meats and poultry, fish, eggs, tofu, nuts and seeds, and legumes/beans
- Milk, yoghurt, cheese and/or their alternatives, mostly reduced fat
- And drink plenty of water.
And limit foods containing saturated fat, added sugars, added salt and alcohol.
For tailored advice on weight management, based on the most up-to-date evidence, find an Accredited Practising Dietitian near you.