I need to gain weight, what should I eat?
Being underweight can make it difficult to stay healthy. If you are not eating enough, it is difficult to meet your nutritional requirements.
Ideas that may help increase your nutritional intake include:
- Eating small frequent meals and snacks across the day
- Having full-cream milk drinks between meals
- Adding more healthy fats like avocado and olive oil to food in cooking
- Adding skim milk powder to soups, stews and drinks – this boosts the protein in your food
- Adding grated cheese to cooked foods
- Snacking on high energy foods such as cheese and crackers, nuts or dried fruit.