Smart Eating Week
They say to work smarter, not harder – but when it comes to food and nutrition, are you left wondering how to make the right choices for you?
Introducing . . . Smart Eating Week (12-18 February 2018) – the taste of the future!
The week is run by Accredited Practising Dietitians, and supported by the Dietitians Association of Australia. Smart Eating Week falls at an ideal time, with the start of a New Year inspiring many of us to live healthier lives, including through smart eating.
And let’s face it, when it comes to smart eating, there are many ways to achieve this – as everyone is different.
So take the opportunity to connect with your local Accredited Practising Dietitian during Smart Eating Week, and get involved in one of the hundreds of Smart Eating Week initiatives!
What is ‘smart eating’?
Smart eating is a means to good nutrition, a key step towards better health for everyone.
But because we’re all unique, with differing health challenges, goals, and lifestyles (for example), ‘smart eating’ will mean different things to different people, and how we go about achieving it will be different too. That’s where personalised nutrition advice and support from an Accredited Practising Dietitian comes in.
What can I do to be a part of Smart Eating Week?
- Connect with your local Accredited Practising Dietitian. Don’t know where to start? Check out ‘Find an Accredited Practising Dietitian’.
- Get involved in one of the hundreds of Smart Eating Week initiatives being run by Accredited Practising Dietitians across the country. Some Accredited Practising Dietitians will be holding events, so look out for details of these in your local area.
- Be inspired and learn about smart eating by following your local Accredited Practising Dietitians on online, including through social media. And keep up with all the action by following the hashtag #SmartEatingWeek on Twitter and Instagram.
- Spread the word! Tell family, friends and neighbours about the week, and what they can do to participate.
- Check out ‘Smart Eating for You’ for some smart eating inspiration . . . from fast facts and recipes, and details on signing up to the Smart Eating e-newsletter.
How can Accredited Practising Dietitians help?
Accredited Practising Dietitians have a lot to offer in supporting you to live a healthier life, through smart eating.
They’re nutrition scientists with at least four years’ study behind them in nutrition, food science and biochemistry. And they have the know-how to translate the science into personalised, practical advice, respecting your values and preferences, to find the best approach for you.
Importantly, they can support and motivate you to make smart eating a part of your life, long term.
Fast facts about Accredited Practising Dietitians
Australia’s more than 5,500 dietitians work in a range of areas, including hospitals (36%), community settings (9%), private practice (31%), universities (6%), government (4%), non-government organisations (5%) and the corporate sector (5%).
But what all Accredited Practising Dietitians have in common is:
- ✔ University degree in nutrition and dietetics
- ✔ Advice based on scientific evidence
- ✔ Stay up-to-date through continuing professional development
- ✔ Adhere to a Code of Conduct and Statement of Ethical Practice.
So no need to page Agent 99, Get Smart this Smart Eating Week, and connect with your local Accredited Practising Dietitian instead!